Smoky Mountain Villas is Douglas Lake’s premier luxury vacation resort!
Located on 38 acres, Smoky Mountain Villas lake-front accomodations are just minutes from I-40. With units accommodating groups of 16 & 18 people, you are sure to find something everyone will enjoy!
We are certain you will find Smoky Mountain Villas to be one of the BEST values of any vacation home in the Douglas Lake / Smoky Mountain area. \We are located in the quiet area right outside of the entrance to the Great Smoky Mountain National Park on Table Douglas Lake, but just a scenic 40 minute drive away from a wide array of Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg entertainment.
- Lake-Front Views from every unit
- Boat Rentals
- Fishing Equipment
- Brand New Pool
- Golf Cart Rentals
Attracting over 1.5 million visitors a year, Douglas lake is set against the backdrop of the foothills of the Smoky Mountain. Douglas Lake is a popular recreation destination for families offering a great environment for paddlers, anglers, and boating. Douglas Lake provides 513 miles of shoreline and 28,420 acres of water surface for recreation activities.
Interested in Fishing?
Impounded by three rivers, Douglas Lake has become the premier fishing spot for crappie in all of Tennessee. Other good fishing includes: white bass, sauger, black crappie, striped bass, spotted bass, walleye, blue cat, flat head catfish, channel catfish, red horse, red breast sunfish and bluegill.
Fishing is a year round sport at Douglas although spring and fall are the preferred seasons.
Douglas Dam Information
- Douglas Dam is a hydroelectric facility. It has four generating units with a net dependable capacity of 111 megawatts. Net dependable capacity is the amount of power a dam can produce on an average day, minus the electricity used by the dam itself.
- Douglas Dam is 201 feet high and stretches 1,705 feet across the French Broad River.
- Douglas Reservoir provides 513 miles of shoreline and about 28,420 acres of water surface for recreation activities.
- In a year with normal rainfall, the water level in Douglas Reservoir varies about 44 feet from summer to winter to provide seasonal flood storage.
- The reservoir has a flood-storage capacity of 1,082,000 acre-feet.
- Find Douglas Dam at 850 Powerhouse Way, Dandridge, Tenn. 37725.
For more facts and figures about Douglas Dam visit TVA’s Website Here